Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The New Hustle: Pets Over People




In a devastating economy, in some places more than others(like Michigan for example) people have got to find ways to keep their heads above water and legally that is. You've got to maintain an honest hustle because the government is watching like never before. You will find people doing some of the well ummmm, craziest and weirdest things to get by. Now I know you all have heard many true stories of spouses and loved ones turning up dead because there was a hefty life insurance policy awaiting the beneficiary right? People marrying with the mentality "Marriage is grande, divorce is 100 grand"? Well did you ever think that a person would buy a pet, insure it and then murder it for the same reasons? Did you ever imagine that the pet would be worth more dead than alive? I betcha didn't, I just couldn't wrap my mind around the story of a Dearborn man having 161 dead dogs and another 112 dogs who were starving to death, eating their own feces in his home. They neighbors could smell the stench two blocks away, yet he was sitting there with it everyday and night with money on his mind. To the point that was all he probably could smell was the unforeseen money. If you've got 263 chihuahuas worth an estimated 30k ea. dead, you've got $7,890,000!(give or take cuz I'm sure there is a limit to how many you can claim at once). Before stumbling upon an MSN money report I didn't know this and I'm almost certain a lot of people didn't. The first thing the police did was take this man to have a mental evaluation. later it was reported that he was going to jail. Hmmm, they must've figured out why this man was committing such a genocidal act.Current practice is to value pets at what they would cost to replace, the way insurers put a price on used cars. So if you see someone with 100 dogs and he's not a kennel breeder or a dog sitter he's a hustler! Hell people are gonna start getting themselves neutered/spayed and have more pets instead of kids and spouses because it seems to me the courts value pets over people. Another conspiracy against the human race? Here's the link to the MSN Money report:
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/KnowYourRights/whats-fido-worth-almost-nothing.aspx

4 comments:

  1. What kind of crazy mess is that? I'm hearing more and more strange stories nowadays.

    Sometimes it does seem as though pets are valued more than people. I see the little dog coats and sweater, carrying them there lil' mofos around in purses and such, while folks are starving in the streets. Don't get me wrong, I love my dog and cats, but I'm also concerned about our fellow man, too!

    Well, they can only put a value on pets, and not people...just as they can't assign pain and suffering in regards to pets in a court of law. I got THAT from Judge Judy! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input Rainwriter!
    I saw a story in the article link above where a pet owner was paid $130,000 for pain and suffering because his dog was shot to death for excessive barking. I hear ya, on valuing your fellow man as much or more. I understand animals are companions an often more loyal but damn! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you!!!

    Good to see you around here...Please don't get me started on this pet craze that people have started. I can't believe there's a market for insuring pets. I think it started off as a way for the insurance companies to make more money, but of course, people decided to start cashing in on their "investments" sooner than anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chap!
    Miss you my dude :)

    yeah it's madness without a doubt!

    ReplyDelete