Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pain is Not Vain




If I could go back and change any of the incidents/events in my life that caused me pain and suffering..... I would not. Instead today I celebrate and embrace every last one of them. It's really quite beautiful once you understand the true purpose of pain, trial and tribulation in your life. In fact, I think pain is essential to the "rebirth", growth and development of one's life... evolution. Imagine if you will, the pain of bringing a new life into the world. It's excruciating, overwhelming and frightening. Half way through the experience you began to wonder if it's worth it, if you can change your mind and go back... but you can't. You're at the point of no return, so you continue to push and press on. You figure the sooner it's over the better, and at that point you are hopeful again that you can survive this, because you have a mind to survive and see what the outcome will bring.
When that new life has finally arrived, you are so elated with what you have accomplished that the pain and struggle seem a lifetime ago. I believe that God intended you to go through everything you went through, he knows the beginning and the end of every man's story. You are impregnated with God's vision and purpose for your life. There is a design to just what it's gonna take to get you to it and through it... your destiny. It's like getting out of your skin and getting back in it a different person. It's a painful, shocking and a dreaded experience, but it takes a courageous, ambitious and hungry individual to embrace it. Knowing or not knowing, what's on the other side. What's at the end of that cold, dark tunnel is the reason I look forward to the next scrape, bump and bruise. I'll just patch them up and keep moving because I'm determined to complete my mission, which is to find my purpose. To become whole, at peace with myself and others, especially God. If I do not suffer God cannot compensate me for my troubles, then I will not know what God has brought me above and beyond. The OUTCOME tells me what God meant for me, not my adversaries. The INCOME is just what somebody feels you deserve(man). So let's not worry about how someone paid us( or didn't) for our kindness, loyalty and efforts. Only rejoice in knowing God will pay you for the humility you endured

3 comments:

  1. It's good to remember where you came from because it makes you a better person now. At least, it's SUPPOSED to. We both know that ain't the case for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Dee, since coming to know the Lord things become so much clearer. I have just recently "GOT" what you are talking about and totally embrace it. I wouldnt change a thing....i'm right where he wants me to be.

    ReplyDelete